Cloud-first approach sees businesses striving for better security
New Device-to-Cloud suites safeguard and simplify digital transformation with industry-first proactive security powered by MVISION Insights.
McAfee, the device-to-cloud cybersecurity company, has announced the expansion of its MVISION portfolio with three all-in-one software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution offerings – McAfee Device-to-Cloud suites.
These suites are designed for customers who are adopting a cloud first stance and desire a simplified portfolio approach for device-to-cloud protection. All three suites include McAfee MVISION Insights, the industry’s first proactive and actionable threat posture capability that prioritises risk, predicts the success of countermeasures and prescribes remedial actions.
“Customers are facing a rise in cyber activity and it’s no surprise that opportunistic cybercriminals are targeting employees working from home. At the same time, enterprises are struggling with control, management and visibility across their organisations as they enable their teams to work from anywhere,” said Anand Ramanathan, vice president of product management, McAfee. “As a result, the need for enterprises to quickly quarantine workforces has challenged SOCs and CTOs to adapt a secure work-from-home model the scope of which the security industry has never experienced before.”
The first quarter of 2020 saw significant increases in several threat categories and the numbers speak for themselves:
• McAfee Labs observed 375 threats per minute
• New PowerShell malware increased 689% compared to the previous quarter
• Total PowerShell malware great 1902% over the previous quarter
• New mobile malware increased 71%
• Total mobile malware grew nearly 12% over the previous four quarters
• New IoT malware (58%) and new MacOS malware (51%) rose by more than 50%
• Top verticals with malicious detections include transportation, financial services and outsourcing and hosting
“Now more than ever enterprises are looking for a solution suites that provides all-inclusive security – one that sits alongside an organisation’s device and cloud footprint - offering the end-to-end protection that dynamic modern environments need today – and for what may lie ahead,” adds Ramanathan.
As the very definition of the workplace expands, McAfee Device-to-Cloud suites help ensure visibility, and the ability to control and effectively manage across hybrid IT environments. McAfee Device-to-Cloud suite options include:
• MVISION Advanced: Proactive endpoint threat prevention that includes next-gen defence mechanisms and rollback remediation to protect against ransomware and other advanced malware.
• MVISION Premium: Comprehensive endpoint and data protection, with AI-powered Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP Endpoint), to more completely defend devices and data from advanced attacks.
• MVISION Complete: Unifies McAfee’s full endpoint security portfolio with MVISION Unified Cloud Edge, that combines McAfee’s award-winning Secure Web Gateway (SWG), advanced DLP and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) to deliver complete device-to-cloud protection. MVISION Complete enables organisations to better safeguard their digital transformation efforts and distributed workforce, with unified threat and data protection across all threat vectors - endpoints, web and cloud.
The Device-to-Cloud suites were also built with McAfee’s partner community in mind – ensuring pricing, implementation services and premium customer experience were at the centre of development.
The release of these newly designed suites bolsters the McAfee MVISION portfolio and provides security that spans devices, network and cloud. Simple cloud management with better visibility and control; automated responses and updates that increase staff productivity; and unified policies on endpoints, web and cloud all help lower total cost of ownership at a time where many organisations are looking to trim budgets.
“Remote work paradigms create new opportunities and require new defence mechanisms and practices and while change and disruption is inevitable and the future uncertain, it is unquestionable that we need to develop stronger cyber defences to ensure the future of work is a secure one and McAfee is committed to ensuring exactly that,” concludes Ramanathan.
Click here for more information on the suites.
McAfee is the device-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates consumer and business solutions that make our world a safer place. www.mcafee.com
McAfee technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software, or service activation. No computer system can be absolutely secure. McAfee® and the McAfee logo are trademarks of McAfee, LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other marks and brands may be claimed as the property of others.